- N64GM057 - Developed by Pack-In Soft and published by Natsume, Inc., "Harvest Moon 64" was released for the Nintendo 64 gaming system on December 22, 1999 and in this reviewers opinion, is an underrated and rare masterpiece. No pun intended, this game grows on you! Harvest Moon 64 can best be described as an immersive work oriented farming simulation game. And A simulation's outcome is determined by the player’s dedication and execution. With that in mind, the Harvest Moon 64 game takes play in simulated seasons, with thirty days of fall, thirty of summer, spring, and winter. But its not based on real time, but accelerated time where one minute will be a little over an hour in this game. Your character can be customized to your preferences. The scenario of this game is that your grandfather has recently died, and you have inherited his beat-up farm in a remote village. You move to this quaint little village and its up to you to get the farm back up and producing again. Your objective is to plant, raise animals and find a wife. There are 5 very lovely women to chose from, and each has their own unique personalities and places of employment. You can even have children. After 2 1/2 years, your parents will come by and rate your performance. There are many things to do besides tend to your livestock and farm, you can also enter horse and dog races, attend festivals or add to your house. And there are many places where you can go to in the village, and dozens of characters to interact with. But what I really love about HM64 is its sense of realism, as the gameplay is superb and very life-like. With a variety of items and equipment and many features and fun tasks, it all make everyday chores seem less repetitive when its time for you to do them. Your character skill increases as the game progresses. Harvest Moon 64 is actually a rare, strategic, engaging, compelling, unique and addictive game that is quirky and strangely enjoyable. And its a great game for everyone! If you wonder how such a game can be so popular and enjoyable, buy this gem and see. You'll get up everyday to play, all for the purpose of running a successful farm and leading a happy life. Warning: This game will take over your life if you give it half the chance!!! In Japan the Harvest Moon 64 game is called "Bokujou Monogatari 2". Pre-owned - Includes Game Only, no manual or instructions are included. Rarity Rating "B-" Harvest Moon 64 game review by "Prince" NES Gamer.
- UPC: 719593060024
- Platform: Nintendo 64 Entertainment System (N64)
- Region: NTSC (N. America)
- ESRB Rating: "E" for Everyone
- Genre: Simulation / RPG
- Class: Licensed
- Condition: Pre-owned excellent condition
This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 08 March, 2014.