- GCG0043 - Developed by Ubisoft Montpellier Studios and published by Ubisoft Entertainment SA, Beyond Good and Evil, from Michel Ancel (the renowned creator of Rayman) was released on December 10, 2003. It is one of the rarest and most under-appreciated games that has ever been made. With an interesting premise, surprisingly deep and subtle story line, stylish design, top notch graphics, outstanding presentation, and briliant blend of multiple genres, it is easily one of the best games ever for the GameCube. The scenario is that far into the future there is a planet named Hillys, which is being attacked by an Alien called DomZ, who is also kidnapping its citizens. To make matters worse, there is a rumor going around of a government conspiracy within the Alpha Section, which is supposed to be protecting the country's citizenry. The highly secretive Rebel organization "IRIS" uses the media to try and expose this corruption. After a young brunette freelance Photo-journalist named Jade experiences first-hand an attack, she is recruited by the rogue news network, IRIS. And that's where the fun begins in beyond good and evil. The game depends upon how you control the young journalist, with her Pin/human uncle, Pey'j and companion Double H, in their mission to infiltrate the corrupt Alpha Section and expose the sinister government conspiracy. Jade will utilize martial arts, stealth, her brains and beauty, and must be cunning to collect photographic evidence. There are so many layers to this game, including much that is based on thinking through problems, solving puzzles and being stealthy, but Jade must also explore the large expanse of a beautifully rendered water-covered world by hovercraft. You can experience total game freedom of movement and explore this unique world wherever you want (provided you have access) as you travel by foot, hovercraft and spaceship through bustling futuristic cities and stunning landscapes. Jade can interact with merchants hawking their wares, and go to a variety of islands where she can earn money or get information. And as this emotional story progresses, you are inextricably and emotionally drawn deep into the fabric of the fantasy world itself. Indeed, the greatest thing about this game is the unique, deep and intriguing story line that always surrounds Jade's quest, and which is jam packed full of interesting twists and turns. It even manages to effectively deal with some social issues along the way. You are bound for excitment and intrigue if Jade can ultimately handle the truth that she is seeking. You will find elements of action, shooting, adventure, racing, strategy, fighting and much more. This stylized and beautifully designed action-adventure plays somewhat like a Zelda game in that it is expansive and adventurous, and it is just as interesting and absorbing. A hidden treasure trove of fun and vicarious emotion awaits those with keen observation, skill, patience and intellect. And yes, you will see and feel Jade's emotion very effectively throughout this simply Awesome
game. And if that wasn't enough, the audio is outstanding and the graphics and video professionbal and top notch! Warnings: There is some animated violence and comic mischief, but nothing to get upset over. I give this game 5 out of 5 stars. Beyond good and evil is simply one of the best games ever created for the gamecube platform. Fun for the whole family! Beyond good and evil was critically acclaimed, receiving a nomination for "Game of the Year" at the 2004 Game Developers Choice Awards. Beyond Good and Evil was nominated at the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences, USA 2004 for "Outstanding Achievement in Character or Story," for "Outstanding Achievement in Animation," for "Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition," and for "Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design." At the Montpellier in Game conference on June 25, 2010, Michel Ancel has stated that Beyond Good and Evil 2 is in development and that they are experimenting with new development practices to keep the development team small and preserve its artistic spirit. As such, the development will take "a while", but Ancel encouraged listeners to be patient. In some circles the Beyond Good and Evil game is abbreviated to BGAE. Pre-owned. Includes case, disk and instruction manual - Plays on Gamecube or Wii - Pre-owned - Includes Game, Case, cover art and Manual. Beyond Good and Evil game review by Prince "NES Gamer."
- UPC: 008888151128
- Platform: Nintendo GameCube System (GCN)
- Region: NTSC
- Game Format: CD
- Compatibility: Memory Card
- ESRB Rating: "NR"
- Rarity Ratin: A
- Genre: Video Game Consoles
- Class: Licensed
- Condition: Pre-owned excellent condition
This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 08 March, 2014.