- gm0268_2 - Developed by Interplay Productions, Inc. and Published by Ultra Games, "Star Trek: 25th Anniversary" was released for the original Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) in 1991. This game is a 1st-Person Perspective, Top-Down action game with puzzle-solving and futuristic themes. The game scenario follows the TV series in that the star ship Enterprise is on a 5 year mission to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations and to boldly go where no man has gone before. The game also uses actual dialogue and stories from the popular Startrek TV series to deliver a familiar experience that Trekkies and non-trekkies alike will enjoy. The game circumstances is that the starship Enterprise is experimenting with strange gravitational disturbances, a mistake in the warp drive tears a hole in the fabric of space and the crew of U.S.S. Enterprise are drawn into this dimensional hole where they ends up stranded in unknown space with the defective warp engine. Captain James T. Kirk and the crew are tasked with repairing the ship, but must take the damaged ship back to the scene of the accident in order to find their way home. You will do this by commanding captain James T. Kirk, Mr. Spock, Scotty, Chekov, Dr. McCoy, Uhura, and Sulu. Star Trek: 25th Anniversary game play is divided into two main sections. One is on the bridge of the Enterprise and the other involves missions. When you are on the bridge of the Enterprise you can save the game, call up navigation maps, pilot the ship (once warp engines are repaired), communicate with other vessels, fight with other vessels, or beam down to a planet's surface. When you are on missions, that is where most of the action is as you will gun and shoot battling other ships, find and use objects, solve puzzles, talk to aliens and fight against hostile life forms. Explore vast planets and encounter new species as you seek to find your way back home. The framework of this NES game is solid, but some missions are not. After each mission, you're whisked back to the bridge where you can strategize and discuss. The graphics in Star Trek: 25th Anniversary are very nice as you will blast through four beautiful game levels using the transporter, your trusty tricorders, hand phasers, photon torpedoes and more. The game is replete with familiar faces such as the infamous Harry Mudd and others. Star Trek is not what you could call a heady, intense role play adventure, but Star Trek transcends any downside to make this game fun for everybody. May it live long and prosper! New - Factory Sealed Rarity Rating "B+" - Star Trek: 25th Anniversary NES game review by Prince NES Gamer.
- UPC: 083717120179
- Platform: Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
- Region: NTSC
- ESRB Rating: "E" for Everyone
- Genre: Action / Futuristic Adventure
- Condition: Pre-owned excellent condition
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 18 March, 2015.